The warehouse management interface is situated in the right-hand pane of Kinetica's Workbench administration application. It consists of three main features:
To access the warehouse management page, in Workbench, select Warehouse from the Manage menu item drop-down.
At the top of the page is the name of the Kinetica warehouse instance and several action buttons:
- || Suspend - stops the warehouse, but leaves Workbench running, so that the warehouse can be managed offline
- > Resume - starts a suspended warehouse
- Refresh icon - refreshes the displayed page's contents
The Warehouse Overview page lists several categories of helpful information for managing the warehouse.
The Warehouse Overview page can be reached by clicking on the Overview tab, and is the default landing page when entering the warehouse management feature.
- Version - lists the deployed application's version of Kinetica, as well as an optional notification box if an upgrade to a newer version of the warehouse is available
- License - lists the license key in use by the warehouse and the date on which the license expires
- GPU Accelerated - whether or not the warehouse is deployed on servers equipped with GPUs
- Size - description of the deployed warehouse hardware size
- Status - the warehouse's current running state
This section contains links to useful applications bundled with the warehouse, including Reveal.
The Warehouse Upgrade page allows for the upgrading of the warehouse to the latest (or later) version.
The Warehouse Upgrade page can be reached by clicking on the Upgrade tab.
At the top, the Current version of the deployed warehouse is shown. At the bottom, a drop-down of available newer versions to upgrade to can be used to select a particular newer version, and the Upgrade button can be clicked to upgrade to the selected version.
The Warehouse Snapshot page provides an interface for managing backups of the warehouse.
The Warehouse Snapshot page can be reached by clicking on the Snapshot tab on the Manage > Warehouse page.
At the center is a paged list of all the system backups, listing the start & end times of the backup, whether the backup completed successfully, and the number of database objects backed up. Also, for each snapshot, are two action buttons:
- Restore - restore the warehouse from the point in time this snapshot was taken
- Trash icon - permanently remove the snapshot from the system
At the top, click Backup Now to perform a full backup of the warehouse.
At the bottom are controls for paging through the list of snapshots.